Applications and Features:
Relay XP2-R of the PROFESSIONAL LINE is a digital relay for reverse power detection of gen.- sets in parallel and active power supervision of power systems.
For generators operating in parallel with a mains or another generator, it is imperative to supervise the power direction. If for example the prime mover fails the alternator operates as a motor and drives the prime mover (diesel or turbine). The XP2-R detects the reverse of the power direction and - in case of this error - switches off the alternator. This way, power losses and damages of the prime mover are avoided.
When compared to conventional protection equipment all relays of the PROFESSIONAL LINE re- flect the superiority of digital protection technique with the following features:
· High measuring accuracy by digital processing
· Fault indication via LEDs
· Extremely wide operating ranges of the supply volt-age by universal wide range power supply unit
· Very fine graded wide setting ranges
· Data exchange with process management system by serial interface adapter XRS1 which can be retrofitted
· True power measurement by multiplication of current and voltage
· Extremely short response time
· Adjustment of rated data
· Compact design by SMD-technology
In addition to this relay XP2-R has the following special features:
· Measurement phase-to-neutral or phase-to-phase voltage possible
· Tripping times for supervision P and PR adjustable